4/8/13

It's actual and factual

Writing has always been a passion of mine. It feels so good to put words to paper. Words that are scrambled in my head and finally make sense when put together. Although I type most of my writing now, it feels good to actually write. I have my own journal for that feeling as well as words that are a little more personal. When my Dad fought his battle with cancer, one of his co-workers suggested I blog...for me...and to keep everyone updated on his condition. This blog kept me going daily. Emotionally I needed this blog to face reality and to feel...with each peck at the keyboard the emotions that were running through me. 

So...here I start another blog. On my personal blog that some know about and some don't. One that I don't keep up with, but now I will...for more than one reason. To help me with my feelings...to help someone that is struggling with similar feelings...for those that need something to read on their phone while on the toilet. Yeah...it's amazing the stuff you can learn on the throne. Let's start this first post with some facts. 

Fact: My girlfriend has cancer. 

Fact: Some of you are like, "wait, what??? girlfriend?" 

Fact: Some people might need to read this to continue. 

Fact: The above fact is old news. Therefore...moving on...Jess has uterine cancer and is scheduled to see the doctor to set up her full hysterectomy on April 15th. They are pretty positive this was caught in the earliest of stages and nothing has spread. A lymph node dissection will be done during surgery to confirm this. There may be radiation, there may not.  

Fact: I'm mad about fact number one. 

Fact: Through this blog I will write about anger...this will more than likely involve cuss words. I will write about fear, love, happiness and most of all truth!!! 

Fact: I encourage you to write back. Share your truth. Share your fears. Share your anger. Share your happiness. It's because of family and friends that I have survived the hardest, scariest times of my life. 

Fact: Positive thoughts...prayers...telepathic vibes...whatever weird awesome stuff you do...all is welcome and always needed. 

Fact: Jess is writing her own journey and you can follow here

Fact: My Dad said this every day with a smile, knowing the next day would always be better...no matter what. 






It's just Fact: 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well Hell's Bells! Hysterectomy? Piece o' cake. Beating cancer? It'll happen. Having a champion like HK? Priceless!