7/11/12

Chicago

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever purchase Neil Diamond tickets.

But...JB is his number one fan...I still haven't figured that one out.

 So, being the BGE that I am...I got her tickets for Christmas.

Little did I know...it was going to be record breaking temps in the 100's and humid...what naturally curly hair always needs. And who knew we would sit in front of two oldies that made me show my KY redneck self.

Despite these minor irritations we had a great mini-vacation.

First stop...Aunt Steph's house for the 4th.
I'm from a very small family that fits around one table to eat...we all clean up and then we sit.

Getting together with JB's huge family is always a treat for me. There's always something going on somewhere...food galore...laughter and fellowship. And when you run out of rooms...you put your guests in this beaut.

I fell in love with this camper and now I want one stat.


We headed out early on Thursday morning with our smiles big and our music loud. 
I had a picture here...but I lost it. Shocker. 

So, here are some windmills.

Fascinating, no? 

First things first when going to Chicago....
FOOD
Duh. 
First stop...

Freddie's for a meat sammich


Now...let me tell you something...
are you listening...I mean reading?
DO NOT
let me repeat
DO NOT
park a mile away, walk to meat sammich place, eat meat sammich,
get meat sweats while eating said sammich and then walk back to car in 105 heat. 
I hope that piece of advice stays with you...my meat sammich almost didn't. 

You might get so sick you attempt to go down a street that you know you are not wanted on.

You then decide to get a pedicure, because you've walked so much your feet hurt so bad you need them wrapped in hot towels. 


Obviously, you need a beer afterwards and a little fine dining
And just so you know... we did NOT eat the stuffed peppers...as if!!!!



And of course...fuzzy Neil Diamond (I tried to get a good pic...really I did)

All and all...we give this quick trip two big smiles. 









No comments: