7/2/12

Pride

Well....my first Pride was this weekend and I'll have to say, it was one of the best weekends I've had in a very long time.

The weather could've been better...and by better I mean...not 103 with a heat index of 106. I only felt like I was going to pass out twice. I became negative and was quickly put in my place and told to suck it up.

So I did.

People can be so bossy sometimes.

As we turned the corner, I was immediately overwhelmed with emotion

My first Pride...as a gay woman.

A place to celebrate LGBT people all around.

A place for gay Christians as myself to be surrounded by straight Christians and know that I'm loved and not hated.

A place to feel normal.

A place with no judgement

A place with no hate...no bullies.

For me...most of all...it was a place to close the door on the past 34 years and open the new door...the closet door if you will...to a whole new world.

I still have issues...Lord, do I have issues and I will always look through the peep hole of the closed door with a smile and beautiful memories...but my new world...my new world is mine. I create this world daily with what I want. My happiness...my people...my song...my story...noone else will take that from me....and I'm so damn proud of that...and me.




No comments: