3/16/12

BE...YOU..TIFUL


What makes us beautiful?
 
Is it the way we look…
 
How we act…
 
If someone isn’t that attractive, but yet has a talent that sets them apart from the rest…do they become beautiful?
 
I’m in a new relationship and she constantly tells me I’m beautiful.
 
At first, these words made me uncomfortable. REALLY uncomfortable.
 
I never thought I was ugly…but beautiful?  No way…
 
I’ve realized...that my beautiful…the way I look at myself and others is different from what others perceive as beautiful.
 
Hollywod ruins beautiful
 
Abusive relationships ruin beautiful
 
Childhood bullying ruins beautiful

Many people...the ones you trust and complete strangers on the walk, can ruin your beautiful
 
Someone constantly telling you, you are beautiful and you trust this person…it takes a while, but there’s a part of you that starts to feel…well…beautiful.
 
Being happy because you are YOU…
 
Embracing….
 
YOU…with the scar
 
YOU…with dark skin
 
YOU …with light skin
 
YOU…with nappy hair

YOU...with the big nose
 
YOU…the one that has no hair
 
YOU…the gay one
 
YOU…the insecure one because you are single
 
YOU…the one that is overweight
 
YOU…the one that can’t gain weight

YOU...the one with all the piercings and tattoo's
 
YOU….Just plain ‘ol ordinary you…
 
…feels beautiful.
 
I have been made fun of my whole life. I wasn’t girly enough,  if I lost 10 pounds I would be beautiful, if I didn’t dress like a boy, if I didn’t wear a black turtleneck I’d be sexy….the list goes on and on. I’ve lived my life doing what others tell me to do, worrying about what others think of me, because I’ve always done it wrong.
 
I’ve finally got it right….I listen to me now. I love me and that makes me BEAUTIFUL!!!
 
HK
beyoutiful

No comments: