10/5/11

I knew this was going to happen while I was away!!

As the bright light read, 'Dena Cell,' at 12:27 AM (Seattle time), my first thought...I can't believe she doesn't remember I'm three hours behind.

Second thought, as I miss the call, where in the heck am I, it's so dark.

Third thought, the one that made me quickly sit up...holy asterisk, something has to be wrong.

All these thoughts happened within 10 seconds and as I looked down at my phone, I saw the text from Courtney, "Water broke!!! At the hospital! Hurry up and get home!"
Bright light, annoying ring, Dena calls again.

I have never felt so far away...so helpless, mixed with overwhelming joy as I did at that very moment.

My best friends Courtney and Donnie have a story...a long painful story and that is exactly what it is...their story.

The best part...that book...the one containing their story never to be forgotten...is now on the top shelf, collecting dust. There's a new book, a glorious book, #1 Best-Seller if you will...full of blank pages just waiting to absorb the ink of all the wonderful stories that have longed to be told.

The first page...

INTRODUCTION

October 4th, 2011

The World Welcomes, Hudson Donalley and Ian Nathaniel





Aunt HK.

No comments: