8/11/11


The sweat rolls down my back, my hair is one dreadlock away from having a bird make its home. The dog days of summer, not my favorite time of year. Loathe it actually. There is relief though, I feel it.

I feel it deep down in the pit of my stomach. It's a feeling only I am familiar with. It's only on assumption I claim to be the only one that is familiar...I mean...it is my body.

The temperature changes just slightly, a sneak peak if you will, of what's to come. A couple days with no humidity, I actually smile at the thermometer when I see the numbers read 80's...heat index still in the 80's. This will change back to 90's (heat index 100's)and the dreaded (dreadlock) humidity will cover the ground (and my hair), but it's the anxious feeling I get...that's how I know...Fall is soon.

I'm not sure why it is an anxious feeling that overwhelms me, but every year it's the same feeling.

It's a feeling of comfort that I anxiously long for, and only the cool, wet, golden color of Fall can satisfy. Just knowing it's around the corner makes me jittery, like a kid not wanting to go to sleep the night before Santa is to arrive.

I'm here, I'm waiting and my green sweater is ready and if you really listen closely, you can almost hear the frizz in my hair unravel.

No comments: