8/16/11

five that keep me alive

I'm thankful for so many things around me, there is no way I could take one entry to list them all. Matter of fact, I think of new blessings each day. There are moments that are so awesome, no matter how big or small and that's when I stop and try to be completely in the moment.

1. I love storms. The beauty of the lightning, the roar of the thunder. As viscous as they can become, there is a calming sensation I receive from every storm that blows through.

2. Books. Is it the books or the story. Let's talk about the book itself. Although I love my iPad, there is something about the feel of turning the pages, the smell of the paper. I love books and all the places it can take you.

3. I love ice cream. I never was a taker of the sweets, but lately I can't get enough of ice cream. Any kind will do.

4. Being alone. I love my alone time. I'm a people person all day and I love every minute of it, but when I get home and it's just me...no phone...no tv...just me and my thoughts, it's a peaceful moment.

5. Music. Bluegrass, Alternative (my favorite), rap, blues, metal...you name it I like it. It's an art that can be translated in so many different ways and I appreciate every single one.

No comments: