10/26/09

I'm getting tired...but I won't stop.

So this weekend, one of my besties...Farrah and I went to the good city of Chattanooga. This trip has been planned for awhile, although the destination was a random pick. There are so many beautiful places in this world...in this state...five to six hours away in other states, and I'm ready to see these beautiful places and meet new people...In these places!!!! *arms crossed and a foot stomp*
There is no excuse to sit around and wonder what to do...when there are so many happenings all around. You can't be picky and you have to have good friends around that guarantee a good time. This weekend was nothing short of GREAT!!!


We started early in the morning and although not planned, we got to see the sun rise over the beautiful fall mountains....breath taking bliss. When we arrived too early to check in to the hotel, we set off on our own to find the Art District. A few U-turns and a bridge later, we were in the heart of the district and lucky for us...an art fair and Oktoberfest in full swing. Music, food, beer, colorful people all around....just another little slice of bliss.

Let me take you back to the food for a moment....
A hot dog, homemade pimento cheese, bacon and tomoatos...WHAT? Yep...it was ridiculous how stinkin good it was. Farrah snarled every time I took a bite, obviously you have to be a lover of pimento cheese.


Off to Ruby Falls
As pretty and interesting as this is...I was kind of disappointed.
When you have something so spectacular 1000 ft below the ground, on the side of a mountain in a cave there should be rules as to how much "man" can manipulate the original beauty.


That being said...I understand we are on a side of a mountain, 1000 feet underground in a cave and we need light to see. It's the multi-colors and Muppet's on Ice theme music I don't understand. Don't get me wrong, the waterfall was beautiful and the kids in our group LOVED it. The green and blue lights under the water to light up the "hidden springs" with coins in it....well....I can see that at the mall.

In true Heather and Farrah fashion, after dinner we got dressed for the night life, talked to a few locals, found an out of the way watering hole with a band, met some pretty cool and crazy people, including a human pin cushion (she had her eyelids pierced, among other things)and a fabulous night was had by all.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of nothing but, snacks, diet cokes, remote control and a snug blanket on my couch, catching up on all my DVR'd shows....but until then, I will have good times, water flying out of my mouth and nose from laughter and more stories to tell.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Heather K.

1 comment:

Heather K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.